Perfect weekend for it too- the sky was such an amazing azure blue and the trails so quiet. I'm shocked at how much I've been managing to get outside the past few weeks, considering my pile of responsibilities only seems to stack up higher every week.
I like my new 2010 mentality. Just get out and go.
In 2004 I came to the realization that I was never going to have enough time or money to say-- now-- now is the time to do all the things I've been dying to try. Coming to that realization, I decided to just throw caution to the wind and try new things. I signed up for lessons in things I was curious about, tried new sports, and did just plain old wild and reckless things.
I signed up for sculling lessons and was the only one to not dump it into the water. Quite the feat considering we sculled twice a week for the whole summer. Nearly everyone took one swim. I joined a women's fast pitch softball league even though I had never really played competitive softball. Camping, climbing, mountain bike racing for the first time. You name it. I just did it.
Anyway, I'm fixin' to have 2010 be a year like that. I've been good and cooped up for way too long. It's time to start trying and checking those things off my "someday" list.
My list to start with--
- That gosh darn, lobster crate race. this year darn-it.
- Paddle lake umbaggog. get the campsite now. worry about the canoe later.
- Trail running race. F--- the bum knee
- Bond cliffs
- Shop my favorite giant rummage sale
- Make it to the Ibex tent sale.
- Wife carrying championship. I think I finally have Adam-yak on board for this one.