Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cargo Bikes

After finding this video last week I have become obsessed with cargo bikes. I'd love to modify a cheap yard sale bike into something a little larger to take to the farmer's market and kick around town with.

cargo bike seen at oregon manifest family day


Since my commute is waaaaay too far away (plus I travel for work)- I couldn't actually commute with a cargo bike. But weekends? Heck yeah.

59:  Tom's Family Cargo Bike


This article (Is This the Coolest Bike Ever Made?) by Bicycling magazine is an absolute must read for more info on cargo bikes. Features many manufactures and shops that carry cargo bikes.

4 comments:

Alex said...

I have a really long commute too. I don't think I could do it on a cargo bike either - what I normally ride is a folding bike, which is nice because if I catch a ride home with someone instead of riding, I can just put the bike in their trunk.

Betty Mountain Girl said...

definitely a good option with the folding bike. I picked up a clunky old retro one at a yard sale a few years back, but didn't end up commuting with it- just rode it for S**ts and giggles ;)

Jeff Moser said...

I have the Kona Ute, and I love it. I've carried all sorts of things with it. And not just heavy loads either, but things that are awkward shapes like bike stands, garden poles, folding chairs, bicycle wheels, etc.

Betty Mountain Girl said...

Sounds sweet! I do love Kona in general I bet the Ute is a great ride...