Sunday, August 16, 2009

ENO Double Hammock Product Review and Video

I’ve been holding onto this ENO Double Hammock for years and just never got around to trying it. It’s tough when you are an apartment dweller. Finally I was able to try the ENO Hammock out this weekend for naps and weekend camping. Full report to come and hopefully an overnight hammock report



ENO Double Hammock and Slap Straps Initial Thoughts

I selected this pink double hammock as my bounty for selling the most ENO Hammocks at my last job. Since then the hammock has sat in my closet. It's not for lack of interest. I've spent time perusing the ENO website and been totally inspired by their photos. It's just hard to pack extra weight when you are backpacking. I also needed to grab a pair of the Slap Straps that basically enable you to set up the hammock between any two trees. Now that I had the basic ENO Hammock kit, I was ready to try this thing out.

Adam Resting in the ENO Hammock

Weight restrictions

The Hammock is rated up to 400 pounds, but the Slap Straps are only rated to 200 pounds max. I’m not sure if that means I shouldn’t try two people in the hammock. So we tried one 200 pound adult and one 45 pound dog. Seems to be holding up well.

ENO Double Hammock Specs from ENO

Dimensions: 6' 8" x 9' 10"
Weight: 22oz
High Strength Breathable Woven Nylon
Super Strong Nautical Grade Line
High Grade Nylon Triple Interlocking Stitching
Maximum Weight 400lbs

More ENO Double Hammock Product Review to Come

Ease of Use
Comfortablity/ Sleepability
Hammock Camping

1 comment:

awomble1 said...

The slap straps are 200 pounds per strap, therefore, coming out to the 400 pounds that the hammock rates. :) Love your blog! We sound like 2 of the same person, in that I love mtb, and everything else that comes with playing outside! Keep on rocking out! :D