Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Women's Wilderness Institute

I stumbled across the Women's Wilderness Institute off of someone's twitter feed and thought I would share. The Institute features multi-day outdoor trips for younger girls and women. Some of the most intriguing? How about the Fruita Singletrack Sampler? Or maybe the Backcountry Fly Fishing? I've always had fly fishing on my bucket list.



What I really like about the Institute are the trips for girls. I think getting outdoors and learning new skills in completely unfamiliar situations is such a great skill. As a kid myself, I attended boy scout adventure camps and learned backpacking, rock climbing, canoeing, and mountain biking. I remember my summer trips to be loads of fun filled with laughter and aching legs. What could be better?

No comments: