Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vibram Fivefingers Product Review: Just In

So yesterday I gave you a little peek at my new pair of Vibram Fivefingers. Now, I’m going to give you my intitial thoughts on these fivefinger things.

Whew they're on

more pics to come!

Vibram Fivefingers hot to trot

For one they’re super hot right now. Everyone is wearing them where in the Northeast and everyone is chatting them up. When I went to the store to buy mine, I was literally followed into the shoe section by a sort of frantic women saying she called to have her size held. Thank goodness I wasn’t a size nine or I may have had to fist fight for mine.

The barefoot movement is picking up speed

If you didn’t catch my first post on barefoot running check it out here. Basically, the theory is that we all used to run around without shoes on years ago and didn’t seem to have as many foot problems because our bodies somehow compensated. It’s a nice idea and seems to be picking up some popularity. It’s sort of like unschooling your feet.

But I’m not much of a runner

My faithful readers know that I am not much of a runner. It’s always something that I say I want to pursue further, but find that two wheels are just so much quicker. My review will cover the range of active sports that Vibram totes they’re shoes can handle- things like hiking, kayaking, and galavanting around town. I’ll tell ya’ how it is.

Trying on Five Fingers

Trying on the Fivefingers is too funny for words. Let’s just say that forcing your little toes into the market is like trying to drunkedly throw a dart- it’s hard. Use all your resources-- including the sales clerk.

How do the Fivefingers feel

That’s hard to spit out- how do the fivefingers feel?! Let’s just say….odd. It’s sort of weird to have all your toes spread out and it certainly forces you to walk differently- sort of all splayed about.

So stay tuned as I give you a sport round up of the Vibram Fivefingers later this week.

3 comments:

Red Bike said...

I can't wait for your review of these. I've still no intentions of wearing these 'shoes' though.

Anonymous said...

I really want a pair of these! I was at Starbucks today and a barista was wearing a pair in black. She RAVED about how amazing they felt. They looked so odd though I couldn't stop staring at her feet as she worked but I'd go buy a pair tomorrow if I could! In pink of course! :-)

Betty Mountain Girl said...

Red Bike- it's a comin' and it's a goin' be hilarious. Especially since I weirdly tripped twice already wearing them. They're supposed to be natural right? Well I guess for me- I naturally trip over my own feet- hehe;)

Kite Tails- Soooo many people have been chatting these up I just had to try. I feel like they are popping up everywhere too. Harder and harder to find at stores as well :)