Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Vibram Fivefingers

Have you seen the new barefoot running wear called Vibram Fivefingers? Now I feel like I tend to be pretty up on the trends and willing to try new things, but I can't really decide if I should laugh or try the Fivefingers on.


So yes, you are looking at a shoe that separates all the toes- alas the fivefingers part. And it is basically an invisible shoe- not a whole lot of padding, cushioning, or support. Not the shoe for weak ankles it looks like.

But are you as intrigued as I am? I feel like I need to go to a store and try them on. Not sure they would ever go hiking or running with me, but you could probably convince me to do some swimming and cliff jumping with them. For the main product page for Vibram Fivefingers check here, recommended uses check here, and a video here.

1 comment:

JC said...

I was really interested in those a few months back so I inquired at 2 of my favorite sports/ running stores... both said they didn't carry them because there have been too many incidents of injuries regarding the Five Fingers. They'd be interesting to at least try (as funny as they look) but sadly, they don't make them in my size (6 - 6.5). I think the smallest is either an 8 or a 9 for women.