Thursday, October 22, 2009

Biking Resume

Bit of Betty Flying By

Road, Mountain, Cross, or Everything


Mainly mountain bike, but I just picked up road biking (more seriously) this year.

How long have you been biking?

Always a hard question to answer. Technically, I’ve always gotten around on two wheels. I’ve been mountain biking more seriously (like 3 times a week or more) for the past thirteen years. I’ve never had an off year or taken a year off from biking. I love it that bad.

Race?

Sometimes.

Favorite type of trail

Lots of technical- give me rocks, give me roots, tight winding trees- and make it relentless. Sometimes I like fast, smooth and tighter trails, but I like the technical trails more.

Favorite ride

Four or five closely matched friends. A rooty, rocky 25 plus miles of trails. And endless daylight.

Worst ride

Probably when I was in college and got set up with a group of guys mountain biking for the week. I was painfully out of shape. I bonked. It sucked. I cried a little.

Worst crash

Actually I am going to go with the spill I had this summer. I went down really fast. You know how sometimes you have all day before you hit the ground? Well, not this time. I hit the ground, my bike, and a rock before I knew what really hit me. As I started to go over the handlebars my ribcage got caught first, my knee, elbow, and part of my face hit the rest of the bike followed by a rock. Ouch.

Worst bonk

My worst bonk is a long story. Check it out here.

Craziest thing you’ve ever done on a bike

Rode a friend’s off a dock once.

Favorite bike food

I mainly go with gu’s and energy bars while biking. After biking I love to have ice cream.

In three words describe why you love biking

Beating the boys.

-------------------------------

What's your biking resume like? Why don't you answer the questions and send along your favorite snappy photo (or photos) of yourself biking to me? Here's my email: bettymountaingirl (at) gmail (dot) com. Don't worry if your not a crazy racer or you have only been biking for a few years- I think it would be fun to have a show and tell. Guys are welcome too!

No comments: